ABOUT RaspAnd Pie 9 – Build 190315
RaspAnd Pie 9 runs very well on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and 3 Model B+. I.e. the system is pretty responsive if you use a micro SD card of good quality. RaspAnd Pie has the following apps pre-installed: Google Chrome, Aptoide App Manager, Aida64, Rotation Control Pro, Termux and ES File Explorer. Unfortunately not Google Play Store, but Aptoide works as a good replacement for it.
ABOUT Android Pie 9, which was released 180806…
1. The Desktop after first boot
2. Changing wallpaper with ES File Manager
3. Installing Spotify with Aptoide – (Spotify works very well)
4. Running Spotify
5. Running Termux – you can use Apt!
6. Wifi Settings – (Wifi works very well)
7. Aida64 running showing the system info
8. Screenshot showing all pre-installed apps
NEWS 171215 ABOUT RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 with Google Play Store (and everything else!) working
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 171215 has GAPPS installed and Google Play Store working. Bluetooth works and you can use TeamViewer to control other computers from your Rpi3. RaspAnd can be installed in Windows using Win32 Disk Imager or Etcher. The video performance is generally much better than in previous versions. Your Wifi connection is stable and it will reconnect after every reboot of your Rpi3.
Slideshow – showing RaspAnd’s boot procedure…
MORE ABOUT RaspAnd
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 171215 is an Android 7.1.2 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3. I have included the following apps:
1) GAPPS (Google Play Services with Google Play Store)
2) Kodi 17.6 (latest version which allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the Internet. YouTube is enabled and working very well!)
3) Spotify TV 1.6.3 (working very very well)
4) Google Play Games (needed for Clash of Clans to run)
5) Clash of Clans 9.256.19 – very popular!
6) TeamViewer 184.108.40.20691 – control other computers from your Rpi3!
7) Jelly Browser 7.1.2 – use it to watch YouTube etc.
8) Aptoide TV 3.2.5 (for installing new apps which can’t be found on Google Play Store – many many apps can be installed!)
9) ES File Explorer 220.127.116.11.5 working very well
10) Chess 2.3.6
11) AIDA64 1.47
12) Termux – a very special terminal. (Use the APT package manager!)
Bluetooth and TeamViewer
Bluetooth works in RaspAnd Build 171215. As an alternative you can use the TeamViewer app, which is pre-installed. Screenshot when the TeamViewer app is running on my Rpi3 and controlling my PC.
Clash of Clans and other popular games
Clash of Clans 9.256.19 (a very popular epic strategy game) works very very well. Perfect video quality and audio.
Spotify works very well in RaspAnd Nougat. Just log in and play your favorite music!
Slideshow – showing RaspAnd’s boot procedure
Screenshot 2 – RaspAnd’s Desktop
Screenshot 3 – Google Play Store running
Screenshot 4 – Spotify running
Screenshot 5 – YouTube running in Jelly Browser with perfect video quality
Screenshot 6 – Aptoide TV running
Screenshot 7 – TeamViewer running and controlling my PC
Screenshot 8 – Kodi running
Screenshot 9 – The Desktop when the Raspberry Pi official 7″ touchscreen is used (RaspAnd Build 171220)
Screenshot 10 – Running YouTube in the Jelly Browser when the touchscreen is used (RaspAnd Build 171220)
Screenshot 11 – The Desktop when a Samsung 55″ TV is used as monitor (RaspAnd Build 171220)
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 170516 is an Android 7.1.2 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2. I have included the following apps:
1) Kodi 17.1 (latest version which allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the Internet. YouTube is enabled and working very well!)
2) Firefox 53.0.2
3) Spotify 18.104.22.1689 (working very very well)
4) Rotation Control Pro 1.1.9 (which you may or may not need)
6) AIDA64 1.46 (for exploring your Rpi system)
7) Aptoide TV 3.2.1 (for installing new apps)
8) ES File Explorer Pro 1.0.8 working very well
9) Termux 0.48 (terminal with which you can use Apt to install certain programs)
10) SnapTube 22.214.171.12439 (with sound, but no video. However, using SnapTube you can download videos/movies from YouTube and replay them in Windows or Linux with perfect video quality).
ABOUT Android 7.1.2
Version 7.1.2 is the latest Android system by now. Released on April 8, 2017. The system is used in very few mobile phones (as far as I know).
Kodi (an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more) works very well in RaspAnd. You can enable a lot of Add-ons. Most important is that the YouTube Add-on is enabled by default and that it works very well. I.e. both the sound and the video performance when running YouTube in Kodi is satisfying.
Kernel 4.4.35-exton-v7+ is used in RaspAnd Nougat Build 170516.
Screenshot 1 – Nougat boot animation (which you must see during the boot. If not, the installation was unsuccessful)
Screenshot 2 – RaspAnd’s Desktop
Screenshot 3 – Kodi running
Screenshot 4 – Kodi running (choosing Add-ons)
Screenshot 5 – ES File Explorer running
Screenshot 6 – Spotify running
Screenshot 7 – AIDA64 running
Screenshot 8 – SnapTube running
Screenshot 9 – Termux running
Screenshot 10 – Settings running (choosing apps to start)
Please note that the colors in the screenshots are not accurate. The actual screen color is more like in this picture taken with my mobile phone.