NEWS 180717: My build of RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 is ready. It’s the first RaspAnd build with Android Oreo 8.1 and the first RaspAnd build to work on the new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+. All installed apps (including Google Play Services and Google Play Store) have been updated to the latest available version by 180717. Read about all other included apps below. While downloading RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 Build 180717 you will also get RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 180529, which works much better than RaspAnd Oreo 8.1.
NEWS later 180717: I’ve also uploaded a mini version of RaspAnd Oreo 8.1. It has only the absolute necessary apps pre-installed. I. e. GAPPS (Google Play Services with Google Play Store) and a Browser – Via Browser (Fast and Light – Geeks Best Choice). Watch a screenshot showing all installed apps in the mini version of RaspAnd Oreo. The mini version of RaspAnd Oreo is somewhat faster than the “big” version. The advantage is also that you can install the apps you really need. REMEMBER: The fewer apps you have installed the faster RaspAnd will run.
MORE ABOUT RaspAnd Oreo
RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 Build 180717 is an Android 8.1 Oreo system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and Model B+. I have included the following apps.
1) GAPPS (Google Play Services with Google Play Store) in latest versions.
2) Spotify is not installed. Install version 4.6 via Google Play Store. It works very well!
3) Google Play Games (needed for for example Clash of Clans to run)
4) TeamViewer – control other computers from your Rpi3!
5) Via Browser
7) CM Browser
8) Aptoide TV (for installing new apps which can’t be found on Google Play Store – many many apps can be installed!)
9) ES File Explorer 188.8.131.52 working very well
11) Termux 0.60 – a very special terminal. (Use the APT package manager!)
12) Quick Reboot Pro 1.8.4
13) YouTube – unfortunately not all videos will run or they will run with bad video or sound quality (especially if you use the whole screen)
RaspAnd Oreo’s boot animation
Slideshow – showing RaspAnd’s boot procedure (for RaspAnd Nougat, but…)
Screenshot 2 – RaspAnd’s Desktop
Screenshot 3 – showing all installed apps
Screenshot 4 – Google Play Store running
Screenshot 5 – Spotify running
Screenshot 6 – TeamViewer running and controlling my PC
Screenshot 7 – Developer options
Screenshot 8 – Quick Reboot Pro running
Screenshot 9 – showing all installed apps and extra apps
Screenshot 10 – AIDA64 running
Screenshot 11 – YouTube running with perfect video and sound quality – the small picture/video down to the right
About Linux For All (LFA) Build 180504
The system is based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Debian. It’s a total rebuild. I.e. nothing is left of the old LFA system.
NEWS ABOUT LFA Build 180504
1. This is a very BIG system (2020MB). All packages the ordinary Linux user can wish for are pre-installed. Study the full packages list.
2. Kernel 4.15.0-19-exton is used.
3. I have installed Nvidia’s latest proprietary graphics driver 390.48.
4. The Desktop environment is LXDE – Designed to be user friendly and slim, while keeping the resource usage low.
5. The main Web Browser is Google Chrome. So you can watch Netflix!
6. I have included Refracta tools (Refracta Snapshot) to make it possible for you to create your own installable Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Live DVD once you have installed LFA to hard drive. This is done in the easiest possible way!
7. Use TeamViewer (pre-installed) to control your Windows computers from LFA. Or control LFA from your Windows computers.
Use TeamViewer (pre-installed) to control your Windows computers from LFA. Or control LFA from your Windows computers.
Screenshot 1 – LFA “running” Windows 10
Screenshot 2 – Windows 10 “running” LFA
Screenshot 1 – LFA “running” Windows 10 with TeamViewer
Screenshot 2 – Windows 10 “running” LFA with TeamViewer
Screenshot 3 – LFA running in VMware
Screenshot 4 – LFA running in VirtualBox
Screenshot 5 – Refracta Installer and Grub/efi
Screenshot 6 – LFA running Samba to reach Windows computers
Screenshot 7 – LFA running Google Chrome and Netflix
NEWS 171215 ABOUT RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 with Google Play Store (and everything else!) working
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 171215 has GAPPS installed and Google Play Store working. Bluetooth works and you can use TeamViewer to control other computers from your Rpi3. RaspAnd can be installed in Windows using Win32 Disk Imager or Etcher. The video performance is generally much better than in previous versions. Your Wifi connection is stable and it will reconnect after every reboot of your Rpi3.
Slideshow – showing RaspAnd’s boot procedure…
MORE ABOUT RaspAnd
RaspAnd Nougat 7.1.2 Build 171215 is an Android 7.1.2 Nougat system which can run on Raspberry Pi 3. I have included the following apps:
1) GAPPS (Google Play Services with Google Play Store)
2) Kodi 17.6 (latest version which allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the Internet. YouTube is enabled and working very well!)
3) Spotify TV 1.6.3 (working very very well)
4) Google Play Games (needed for Clash of Clans to run)
5) Clash of Clans 9.256.19 – very popular!
6) TeamViewer 184.108.40.20691 – control other computers from your Rpi3!
7) Jelly Browser 7.1.2 – use it to watch YouTube etc.
8) Aptoide TV 3.2.5 (for installing new apps which can’t be found on Google Play Store – many many apps can be installed!)
9) ES File Explorer 220.127.116.11.5 working very well
10) Chess 2.3.6
11) AIDA64 1.47
12) Termux – a very special terminal. (Use the APT package manager!)
Bluetooth and TeamViewer
Bluetooth works in RaspAnd Build 171215. As an alternative you can use the TeamViewer app, which is pre-installed. Screenshot when the TeamViewer app is running on my Rpi3 and controlling my PC.
Clash of Clans and other popular games
Clash of Clans 9.256.19 (a very popular epic strategy game) works very very well. Perfect video quality and audio.
Spotify works very well in RaspAnd Nougat. Just log in and play your favorite music!
Slideshow – showing RaspAnd’s boot procedure
Screenshot 2 – RaspAnd’s Desktop
Screenshot 3 – Google Play Store running
Screenshot 4 – Spotify running
Screenshot 5 – YouTube running in Jelly Browser with perfect video quality
Screenshot 6 – Aptoide TV running
Screenshot 7 – TeamViewer running and controlling my PC
Screenshot 8 – Kodi running
Screenshot 9 – The Desktop when the Raspberry Pi official 7″ touchscreen is used (RaspAnd Build 171220)
Screenshot 10 – Running YouTube in the Jelly Browser when the touchscreen is used (RaspAnd Build 171220)
Screenshot 11 – The Desktop when a Samsung 55″ TV is used as monitor (RaspAnd Build 171220)