ABOUT RaspEX Kodi
RaspEX Kodi Build 190117 with LXDE/OSMC Desktops is made especially for the new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, but can of course also be used on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B. OSMC is based on Debian and Kodi Media Center. In RaspEX Kodi I’ve added the LXDE Desktop with many useful applications such as Wicd and NetworkManager. Makes it easy to configure your wireless network. I’ve also upgraded OSMC to a BETA version (Kodi 18 RC5 Leia), which makes it possible to include useful addons such as Netflix, Plex and Amazon Video. Which I’ve done. Kodi 18 RC5 was released 190114. Study all included packages in RaspEX Kodi.
Kernel 4.20.1-exton is used.
RaspEX Kodi performance
RaspEX Kodi is a very fast and responsive Rpi system. Much due to very low memory (RAM) usage. About 100 MB as this screenshot shows. I’ve said that RaspEX LXDE Build 181015 is very fast. RaspEX Kodi with OSMC Desktop is even faster especially if you use the new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ to run it. The video and sound quality is also very very good. Even while running RaspEX Kodi on big TV screens. I.e. you can really enjoy Netflix and YouTube running on your Rpi mini computer!
1. Running Kodi
2. The LXDE Desktop logged in as the ordinary user osmc
3. The LXDE Desktop logged in as root (super admin)
4. Netflix running showing very good video quality – 1
5. Netflix running showing very good video quality – 2
6. YouTube running showing very good video quality
7. Choosing program addons in Kodi
8. RaspEX Kodi OSMC running INFO