NEWS 200101 ABOUT ExTiX Deepin
I had to replace version 191230 today after I discovered that Samba client was misconfigured. Now you can use Deepin File Manager and connect to your Windows computers in your Home Network. Watch this screenshot.
NEWS 191230 ABOUT ExTiX Deepin
I’ve released a new version of ExTiX Deepin today (191230). This ExTiX Build is based on Deepin 15.11 released by Deepin Technology 190719.
NEW FUNCTIONS etc
1.You can run ExTiX from RAM. Use boot alternative 3 (load to RAM) or Advanced. A wonderful way to run Linux if you have enough RAM. Everything will be super fast. When ExTiX has booted up you can remove the DVD or USB stick.
2. You will have the opportunity to choose language before you enter the Deepin 15.11 Desktop. All main languages are supported.
3. I have replaced Deepin Installer with the Reborn version of Deepin Installer. Works better in every way.
4. I have replaced kernel 5.3.0-rc6-exton with kernel 5.5.0-rc3-exton.
5. Spotify and Skype are pre-installed.
6. You can watch Netflix while running Firefox.
7. You can install ExTiX Deepin also in VirtualBox/VMware using Deepin Installer. (In previous versions you had to “chroot” into the install partition and install Grub).
8. While installing ExTiX Deepin to a USB stick using Rufus 3.8 you can create a persistent partition on the stick. Thus all your changes of the ExTiX Deepin system will be saved directly on the stick!
I may add that there is no other live version of Deepin 15.11.
MORE NEWS 191230 ABOUT ExTiX Deepin 20.1
I’ve released a new version of ExTiX Deepin today with Refracta Snapshot and kernel 5.5.0-rc3-exton. Deepin 15.11 (latest version released 190719) is made in China. Deepin is devoted to providing a beautiful, easy to use, safe and reliable system for global users. Previous versions of ExTiX Deepin were based on Debian and Ubuntu. ExTiX 20.1 is a live build of Deepin 15.11, which is based on Debian unstable. All packages have been updated to the latest available version as of today. Study all installed packages in ExTiX Deepin 20.1 Build 191230. So ExTiX 20.1 is based on Deepin 15.11 and Debian unstable. I may add that there is no other live version of Deepin 15.11 (as far as I know).
While running ExTiX Deepin 20.1 live or from hard drive you can use Refracta Snapshot (pre-installed) to create your own live installable Deepin/Debian system. A ten year child can do it!
1. ExTiX Deepin 15.11 Desktop
2. ExTiX Deepin being installed in VirtualBox using Deepin Installer
3. ExTiX Deepin screenshot showing all installed apps
3. ExTiX Deepin login screen (LightDM)
4. Movie showing how to enable Window effects
andex.exton.net – latest is AndEX Pie 9.0 (with GAPPS) and AndEX Oreo 8.1 (also with GAPPS)!
about my Pie, Oreo, Nougat, Marshmallow and Lollipop versions for Raspberry Pi 3/2 at
raspex.exton.se – latest is RaspAnd Pie 9.0 (without GAPPS) and RaspAnd Oreo 8.1 (with GAPPS)!